“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”( I Thes. 5:16-18)
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”(Romans 12:12)
Ordination of Jean(and wife Anais) by Pr. Iran (Pres AFLC Brazil)
These verses have been such an encouragement to us these days as we have so many things to be thankful for, even though many would say that we should scratch off 2020 from the calendar. Definitely, it has been a challenging year!
But as I look back in history, I see that about this time every century there has been a major pandemic around the world. Fortunately, we did not have a world war in 2014.
In spite of the pandemic, there are many good things for which we are thankful. So far we’ve been protected from Covid-19, as well as our church and our staff, and the caretakers for our Bible camp. Also, none of our people have lost their jobs.
Camp Cafeteria with completed roof
Earlier on in the pandemic, with everything being shut down, it allowed us to get some needed construction done at our Bible camp and our seminary campus without interfering with camps or classes. During this time, our denomination became more united because our people were watching Live services from our different churches, which contributed to a better turnout for our Annual Conference (November) than we expected. We’re thankful that as we opened our churches again, people came back and more.
As we give thanks in everything, we want to let you know that you are also a reason for our thanksgiving and rejoicing: your prayers, generosity, encouragement… the many ways that you bless us. Thank you! May God continue to bless you, us, and His work!
FaceTime Grandpa Jonathan and grandson Jobe
Jonathan and Tamba
• For God’s continued protection from the Covid-19 & health in general.
• Pray for our daughter April who is expecting her second child in December and her husband Elijah who will be having surgery on his shoulder.
• For our son Thomas who is working in San Francisco.
• For our daughter Michelle who is finishing her Senior year of H.S. at Hillcrest Lutheran Academy in Fergus Falls, MN.
• For Ruby Abel, who is living in the Twin Cities with her daughter Lydia.
• For the daily internet Bible study with women from our church and other cities that Tamba is doing.
• For all the plans that our church is making for this next year as we try to get back into the routine of things.
• For the Bible Camp season that is coming up in January and February.
• For the Missionaries’ support in the AFLC since the funds have suffered a big setback (as have all the departments).
Gifts can be given online or sent to:
AFLC World Missions
3110 E Medicine Lake Blvd
Plymouth, MN 55441-3008