Mission and Worship
We are a community of believers with Jesus Christ as its head. We are a living congregation, quickened to life from their deadness of sin by the Word and Spirit of God, who sow the seed of the Gospel at all times through word and deed, persevere in holiness at all times and in all conditions, promote the Kingdom of God and work diligently to prepare for the return of the Lord and Savior, Jesus of Nazareth, the risen and exalted Christ. We seek to extend the Kingdom of God and the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ to our neighbors. We actively support missionary, evangelical, educational and charitable efforts.
- We encourage simplicity in worship. We believe the earliest Christians were extremely simple in their order of service. Whatever is added to the service carries the danger of becoming only form. Even the simple parts of the service may become only form.
- The preaching of the Word of God must be the central part of the service. True Gospel preaching endeavors to meet the needs of all who hear: the believer who desires to grow in his life with God, the seeking and uncertain souls who want to see Him, the hypocrite who must be awakened from his self-righteousness, and the hardened sinner who must still be called to saving faith.
- The Sacraments must always be met by the response of faith in the heart of the recipient to be effective.
- Music and songs should be such as will give honor to the Word of God and the Sacraments.
- Congregations will cherish opportunities for Bible study and prayer fellowship.
- The Lord has given talents and gifts to Christian lay people as well as pastors, and opportunity should be given for the practice of these gifts in the life of the congregation, in meetings of fellowship outside the congregation, and in service to a needy world.